Information Technology PEO and PO
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The educational objectives of department of Information Technolgy of VSSUT, Burla are to prepare its graduates:
- PEO-1: To provide graduating students with core competencies by strengthening their mathematical, scientific and basic engineering fundamentals.
- PEO-2: To train graduates in diversified and applied areas with analysis, design and synthesis of data to create novel products and solutions to meet current industrial and societal needs.
- PEO-3: To inculcate high professionalism among the students by providing technical and soft skills with ethical standards.
- PEO-4: To promote collaborative learning and spirit of team work through multidisciplinary projects and diverse professional activities.
- PEO-5: To encourage students for higher studies, research activities and entrepreneurial skills by imparting interactive quality teaching and organizing symposiums, conferences, seminars, workshops and technical discussions.
POs describe what students are expected to know or be able to do by the time of graduation from the program. Program Outcomes are established as per the process describe in 2.1.3. The Program Outcomes of UG in Information Technology are:
- An ability to apply fundamental knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program for various applications like public health, environmental safety, human resource management, economical sustainability, cross-cultural and societal needs.
- An ability to formulate models, design, and conduct experiments, as well as toanalyse and interpret data.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computing practice.
- An ability to analyse the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organization, and society.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and current trends.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibility.
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
- Development of emphatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuous professional development through long term learning.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.